The Seaton Nursing Home is an elegant Georgian building standing in private gardens, less than a quarter of a mile from the pedestrianised town centre and the seafront.
This nursing home has 31 residents, with modern home comforts and up-to-date facilities, combined with a quiet country-hotel atmosphere. There are three lounges, one of which is a café and lounging area, a central dining room and a conservatory leading onto an attractive decked terrace.
The Seaton also holds the Certificate of Recognition from the Eden Alternative UK & Ireland, which recognises that the residents and the team at The Seaton are well established on the Eden Alternative journey and have fulfilled the requirements for inclusion in the Eden Alternative, developing strategies to address potential problems of loneliness, helplessness and boredom.
Features of The Seaton Nursing Home include:
- A high standard of general nursing, dementia and residential care, including respite care and rehabilitation
- The Seaton also focuses on younger adults with debilitating conditions
- An excellent choice of menu and good home cooking by our resident chef
- Regular visits from a hairdresser, aromatherapist and chiropodist
- A fully fitted café and lounging area
- A lovely re-furbished courtyard that can be enjoyed in the summer months
- Outings in the mini-bus
- An ongoing programme of vibrant seasonal events and things that people choose to do
Seaton Nursing Home Testimonials
“how impressed we are with the attitudes of ALL your staff in their treatment of your guests, and also us, the visitors. I am always offered a cup of tea almost the minute I walk in the door, long may this home continue to provide a friendly and relaxing environment”
“Lovely home, no odours, really felt like home and far better than other homes I have visited”
“Many thanks to everyone for what you did for dottie while she was with you, she was so comfortable and always remarked how kind and thoughtful you all were”
“I speak for all my family when I say thank you for all you did for my relative to make her last days as comfortable as possible were amazing and once again thank you from the bottom of my heart”
“I want to thank you so much for caring for my relative so well and for the all the help and care you gave me also. I am so impressed with your patience and understanding in what is such a difficult job”
“Thank you for all you do for my dad I’m really happy with the care and support given not just to Dad but to my mum when she visits”
- Main line station, 7 miles away at Axminster
- Access to the M5 at Taunton, 25 miles away
- Less than 20 miles from Exeter International Airport